Friday, May 30, 2008

I Would Love to Eat Out

Hi all, wow - I have been a bit out of it lately. The weather here in the mid Atlantic has been really beautiful. As a result the kids want to be outside all the time. Which is great - but I have fallen behind on just about everything. My house is a mess, I have about 12 tons of laundry to do, and we are seriously low on food. But hey - playing outside is more fun!

Anyway - will you indulge me while a whine a minute? It is Friday about 5:30 and I really do not feel like dealing with dinner. Husband will be late tonight and all I want to do is take the kids out for a quick bite. Not so simple when you have 8 food allergies to deal with. I can work around the peanut allergy OK. But little C. with the other 8 is a challenge. I would have to fix his food and take it with us. Kind of defeats the purpose - right? I would really love just to pick up and go out to eat without thinking about it! Monday morning we went to the park and I saw another mom who had picked up McDonald's for a group of kids. How I wished I could have done the same. We are not big junk food eaters, but it would be nice to have that option once in a while. Some people do not appreciate what a luxury it is to be able to take your family out for a meal. Don't get me wrong - I normally have no problem handling our allergies. I am blessed that we are all in good health (other than the allergies). BUT - some days I just long to be able to go out for a care free meal. I am sure some of you have the same sentiments?

OK - I am done - I feel better - Thanks for listening!

BTW - the big kids had chicken nuggets, oodles of noodles and fruit. Little kid had an Enjoy Life Foods bagel and tomatoes. He is not eating much these days.

5 comments:

ChupieandJ'smama (Janeen) said...

Oh girl, I hear you! Even when we order pizza, I still have to make the Little Man's and it's just not the same. Maybe we should open an "avoiding the top 8" resto.

The Joys Of Life said...

I can COMPLETELY relate to your feelings and frustation as my son is allergic to wheat, eggs, tree nuts, peanuts, soy and shellfish. Hang in there! :-)

FoodAllergyMom said...

Sounds like you did a great job of throwing together a fairly quick and simple dinner for everyone (big hug)! Yes I feel exactly the same. Everytime my husband wants to take the family out to eat so I can have a "night off" I have to pack dinner for Emily. Aren't we lucky though to have Enjoy Life, Ians, Tinkyada, and all of the other premade foods that we do have. It could be sooo much harder!

Maria H said...

Same wavelength today girl! My hubby is out on a work project this weekend and I just wanted to be able to change it up and go out! With our extra allergies, including garlic, it's just not worth it. To change it up on the nights hubby is gone, I've taken a kids table from the kitchen and allowed them to eat in the family room with a show or movie. That's our "TV Dinner" night. I did take them to the park one Friday night too for a picnic dinner. It was one of the first nice days this Spring so there was food left behind everywhere, but I kept an eye out and we had a good time. Allergies or no allergies, why can't people pick up after themselves?!

Modern Allergy Mom said...

I knew you all would know where I was coming from! :)