Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Labeling Allergy Free Foods in Pantry

I am preparing the house to leave my kids with family members so my husband and I may attend a wedding. It was very nice of my husband's Aunt and Uncle to offer to stay with the kids. Needless to say, with all of our allergies I have a lot to do to get ready. I took the first step in organizing our pantry.

I ordered the Pantry Partner Stickers from FAAN. They are green and red stickers that you use to label your food - what is safe and what is not. Green is for go - that food is safe, red is for stop - that food is not safe. The stickers are good quality so that when you have a new box of cereal you can peel it off and reuse it again.

My 4 year old loved to help label the food that was safe for his younger brother. It was a great opportunity to clean out my pantry as well. Now it is easy for anyone to tell what snack food is safe for Collin.

3 comments:

Maria H said...

Hi...nice post on the pantry and you're brave to put your picture up there, but yours is organized :) I thought about this too at one point and then said no way about trying to reorganize before taking a picture...good work, looks great!

Unknown said...

Good for you! Enjoy the wedding! Best, Jennifer

FoodAllergyMom said...

I love this idea! I label all of Emily's food with her name but I sometimes wonder if calling it "Emily's food" isolates her. Red and green stickers seems less descriminative.