Sunday, November 9, 2008

Gluten Free Meatball



Hi all - just wanted to let you know I found a gluten free meatball at Costco the other day. It is made by Coleman Natural Foods and is all natural - no nitrates, growth hormones, or MSG etc. It does contain soy and milk, but NOT egg. We are going to try them this week and I will let you know how they are. Hopefully C. will eat them! If you want to find out more about their products here is the link. http://www.colemannatural.com/

There is no warning about cross contamination due to shared equiptment, but I have not called the company to enquire about their processing practices.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm interested to see how they go over at your house!

Anonymous said...

I am new to food allergies...have a 2yr old daughter who's been skin/blood tested and allergic, so far, to cashews, pistachios, peanuts, oats, dogs/cats. I want to get her tested for others as well because allergies and asthma run in our family. Do you have any suggestions on where to find allergy free recipies? I'm looking into raw and whole foods, as well. I don't know how to email you directly and am not that familiar with blogs/blogging. Any help would be greatly appreciated...as I said, I'm new to the food allergy part of it and need as much good info and recipies as I can get my hands on...it's making me a nervous wreck and not sure who to trust, i.e., doctors, etc. My email is whippetfancier@hotmail.com. Thank you!

Modern Allergy Mom said...

The meatballs were very good. A little on the spicy side. My older 2 ate them. C of course did not tough it. I even put it on a toothpick and told him it was sausage. How am I going to get that kid to eat!