Thursday, July 24, 2008

Off Topic - I 've Been Tagged


I am going to go off topic for a bit today. We had a really great weekend - well Saturday really. The day started off at the Divisional Swim Meet where my daughter had her best race ever! She placed first in the 6 and under Freestyle and Backstroke, and qualified to advance to the All Star Meet this Saturday. I was shocked, this is her first year on the swim team and she loves it!



We were able to leave the meet in time to drive out to to one of the local wineries. Every summer they have a Key West Fest with food, face painting , balloon animals and of course a Jimmy Buffett band. we had a great time despite the 95+ degree heat. As I was browsing the local vendor booths, I found an artist who makes beautiful jewelry from sea glass. Really stunning - I wish I could have bought something. She had a quote printed on display from EE Cummings that I really liked "for whatever we lose (like a you or a me) it's always ourselves we find in the sea"

I looked up the poem, I am sure I read it in high school, but it is now one of my favorites.


maggie and milly and molly and may


maggie and milly and molly and may.
went down to the beach (to play one day)
and maggie discovered a shell that sang so sweetly
she couldn't remember her troubles,
and milly befriended a stranded star
whose rays five languid fingers were;
and molly was chased by a horrible thing
which raced sideways while blowing bubbles:
and may came home with a smooth round stone
as small as a world and as large as alone
for whatever we lose (like a you or a me)it's always ourselves we find in the sea
in the sea


e.e. cummings


Now - I was tagged twice (I feel so cool :) by Speedbump Kitchen and the Nut Free Mom - Thanks!!!

SO here are my 6 things:


1. I get up 4 days a week at 5:30 to hit the local park for a boot camp class.
2. I am a Pisces and have always felt a connection to the ocean. It calms me. Thus the poem above.
3. My hobby used to be black and white photography. I may have missed my calling, but I hope to take it up again some day.
4. When channel surfing I will pause on Hannah Montana even if my daughter is not in the room.
5. I Tivo cheesy Bravo reality shows like Flipping Out and Orange County Housewives. I can not avert my eyes from the train werck.
6. I recently discovered that I DO like Margaritas (on the rocks, no salt).


Now for the rules.

Link to the person who tagged you.
Post the rules on the blog.
Write six random things about yourself.
Tag six people at the end of your post.
Let each person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
Let the tagger know when your entry is up.
Now - whom to tag, I apologize if you have already been tagged previously.

Jennifer at Food Allergy Buzz
Janeen - I just saw that you were already tagged, I'll spare you.











3 comments:

Speedbump Kitchen said...

Great post, that e.e.cummings poem always runs through my mind whenever we visit to ocean as well. If we had another girl, she would have been a May. (But seeing how I keep producing rashy,asthmatic,allergic and now seizure prone kids...I need to save May for a fish name).

Unknown said...

Hi there. Thanks for the tag. I finally got my "tag" post up!

I am totally impressed you get up for that exercise class--way to go!!!

Hope you are having a great weekend.

Jenny said...

I also love those trashy Bravo TV shows--they are addictive!